Invitation to Apply for the Langen Science Award 2021
The Paul-Ehrlich-Institut in cooperation with the municipality of Langen and the Stadtwerke Langen GmbH (Utility Company for the City of Langen) awards the Langen Science Award (Langener Wissenschaftspreis) which is worth 15,000 Euro. The award is granted by the Association for the Furthering of the Langen Science Award (Verein zur Förderung des Langener Wissenschaftspreises e.V.) and has been granted for the appreciation of special merits by science in the field of health research since 1993.
The invitation for applying is now open. Applications are welcome by 31 May 2021.
You can apply with your outstanding scientific work in the following areas:
- Infectiology in human and veterinary medicine (e. g. virology, bacteriology, immunology),
- Gene and cell therapy and tissue engineering,
- Research of innovative biomedical prevention and therapy approaches,
- Drug safety and pharmaco-epidemiology,
- Technological methods in connection with the above subjects.
Applications are possible both for individuals and for groups. Applications from young scientists are preferred, even if an explicit age-group has not been set. Applicants throughout Germany can apply.
The deadline for submitting applications is 31 May 2021.
Please send your application documents by email.
Among the best applications received, the award winner will be determined in a scientific lecture series in summer/autumn or virtually in an online event.
The award presentation is planned to be celebrated on 19 November 2021 at the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut.
- Application letter containing the complete data on your employer or institution as well as area of research and responsibility
- Complete name and all titles
- Date of birth
- Scientific education
- Academic degrees
- Professional activities
- Scientific expertise
- Awards and grants received
- Funds applied for
- List of publications (only publications with peer review, indicating the impact factor if possible)
- Title and a short description of the scientific performance to be evaluated
- Selected publications
- Summary of the data and application
It is absolutely required that you submit this summary in the xls file provided in “Further Information“.